hippety-hopadverb (or adjective)
variants: or hippity-hop \ ¦hipətē¦häp \ or hippety-hoppety or hippity-hoppity \ -äpətē \
Definition of hippety-hop
: with a hopping rhythm or motion the rabbit went hippety-hop across the lawn rising and falling in their saddles, with a hippity-hop motion— Laura Krey
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game