Definition of high mallow
: a common biennial hirsute mallow (Malva sylvestris) native to Europe and naturalized in the eastern U.S. having an erect stem, long-petioled leaves and rose-purple flowers with darker veins
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game