hex·am·er·ous | \ -rəs\
Definition of hexamerous
1 botany : consisting of six parts : having floral whorls composed of six members
2 zoology : having six parts or parts in multiples of six arranged radially —used especially of anthozoans in which the tentacles and mesenteries are in multiples of six
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game