he·res ne·ces·sa·ri·us | \ ˈhāˌrāˌsnekəˈsärēəs\
Definition of heres necessarius
: a slave who is instituted by his master as his heir and who upon his master's death automatically attains his freedom and becomes his heir
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?