hen·tri·a·con·tane | \ ˌhen‧ˌtrīəˈkän‧ˌtān, -ˌtrēə-\
Definition of hentriacontane
: a solid paraffin hydrocarbon C31H64 especially : normal hentriacontane CH3(CH2)29CH3 found in many natural waxes
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game