help off/onphrasal verb
helped off/on; helping off/on; helps off/on
Definition of help off/on
: to do something that makes it easier for (someone) to put on or take off (clothing, shoes, etc.) Let me help you off with your boots. He helped her on with her coat.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game