hel·i·chry·sum | \ ˌheləˈkrīsəm \
Definition of helichrysum
1 capitalized : a large genus of mostly African and Australian plants (family Compositae) with flower heads having shining involucres which retain their color when dried — see strawflower
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Helichrysum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game