hear ofphrasal verb
Definition of hear of
: to be aware of the existence of (someone or something) : to know about (someone or something) He's supposed to be a famous actor, but this is the first time I've ever (even) heard of him. I've never heard of such a thing! If I hear of a job opening, I'll let you know.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game