Definition of have mercy/pity
: to treat someone with mercy or pity The prisoner begged the judge to have mercy. —usually + on The prisoner begged the judge to have mercy on him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game