Definition of have issues
1 : to have problems that make one unhappy and difficult to deal with He seemed nice enough at first, but it turns out he has (a lot of) issues. She has serious anger issues.
2 : to have reasons for disliking someone or something : to disagree with or disapprove of someone or something —+ with I have some issues with his behavior.
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game