have a finger in a/the/every pieidiom
Definition of have a finger in a/the/every pie
: to have an interest or share in something a sharp talent agent who has a finger in nearly every pie in show business
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game