have (someone or something) (all) to oneselfidiom
Definition of have (someone or something) (all) to oneself
: to be in a situation in which one is not required to share someone or something with anyone else I'm happy to have you to myself tonight; it will give us a chance to talk privately. We have the entire evening to ourselves. She has the house all to herself this weekend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game