Definition of hate-watch
: to watch and take pleasure in laughing at or criticizing (a disliked television show, movie, etc.) The creative leap of The Leftovers' sophomore season fully made up for the creative nadir of True Detective's second year (though maybe not the ratings), and at least we were able to hate-watch the latter, right?— Cory Barker
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game