hasten to add/say/explain (etc.)idiom
Definition of hasten to add/say/explain (etc.)
: to immediately say something in order to prevent confusion or misunderstanding The company announced that the initial tests look promising, but they hastened to add that there is still much more testing to be done. Let me hasten to point out that these changes will not affect our existing clients.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game