Definition of hard-fought
1 : requiring a lot of effort or hard work He won a hard-fought campaign for reelection.
2 : achieved or acquired through a lot of effort or hard work a hard-fought victory/triumph
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game