Definition of hard feelings
: feelings of dislike or anger toward someone that you think has mistreated you She felt/had no hard feelings towards him. The court's decision has caused a lot of hard feelings. —The phrase no hard feelings is used in speech to say that you are not upset or to ask if someone else is upset. "I'm sorry I broke our date last night." "That's OK; no hard feelings.""So, we're still friends, right? No hard feelings?"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game