Definition of hangry
informal : irritable or angry because of hunger To his credit, he knows not to drive while hangry.— Genevieve Scarano … junk foods generally induce large rises in blood-glucose levels that come crashing down fast. Ultimately, they may leave you feeling hangrier.— Amanda Salis As it turns out, being hangry–so hungry that you become angry–could be ruining your relationship and causing you to fight with your significant other.— Krystal Vivian
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game