variants: or less commonly handy dandy
Definition of handy-dandy
: convenient and useful : handy a handy-dandy tool/device As a public service, Digital Dispatch would like to provide this handy-dandy clippable guide.— Joan O'C. Hamilton I've a friend who works at an office in Jamestown. I knew he would gladly allow me to use his computer. I used my handy dandy phone to find the address.— Dean Meyer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game