hand backphrasal verb
handed back; handing back; hands back
Definition of hand back
: to return (something) by handing it to someone He handed the letter back (to her) without reading it. The clerk handed back my credit card.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game