Definition of hairy indigo
: a shrubby perennial (Indigofera hirsuta) with hirsute stems and foliage, flowers in dense clusters, and the calyx lobes often nearly as long as the petal that is native to Asia, Africa, and Australia and has been introduced into the southern U.S. as a forage and soil-improvement crop
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?