Definition of hairy honeysuckle
: a twining shrub (Lonicera hirsuta) of moist woodlands of the northern and eastern U.S. and adjacent Canada with dull dark green leaves that are sessile or short-petioled and pubescent on both surfaces and with crowded terminal spikes of orange or yellow flowers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?