Definition of hadrosaurid
: hadrosaur, duck-billed dinosaur Like ceratopsians, they too had closely packed chewing teeth, but by the time hadrosaurids evolved, the dentition consisted of relatively small teeth that were organized into a complex battery, all the better for grinding up vegetation.— David B. Weishampel, Natural History, June 1995
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game