Definition of greenbelt
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a belt of parkways, parks, or farmlands that encircles a community
Definition of Greenbelt (Entry 2 of 2)
garden city in central Maryland built to provide low-cost housing in the late 1930s population 23,068
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game