gra·ger | \ ˈgrägə(r)\
variants: or greger or gregger \ -reg- \ or less commonly grogger \ -räg- \
Definition of grager
: a rattle or noisemaker traditionally used by children during the Purim festival at every mention of Haman's name during the reading in the synagogue of the scroll of the Book of Esther
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?