gor·e·van | \ ¦gȯrə¦vän\
Definition of gorevan
1 usually capitalized : a Persian rug of carpet size made with cotton warp and characterized by a medallion field covered with large angular designs and usually bordered by three to five stripes, the prevailing colors being shades of terracotta, apricot, and blue
2 : auburn
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?