Definition of goldeneye
1 : either of two diving ducks (genus Bucephala) with small yellow eyes especially : a large-headed swift-flying Holarctic diving duck (B. clangula) with the male having a green head and striking black-and-white markings
2 : a lacewing (family Chrysopidae) with yellow eyes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game