Definition of go wrong
1 : to happen or proceed in a way that causes a bad result We have to figure out what went wrong with the experiment. Everything is going wrong for me today. When she didn't come back, we feared that something had gone horribly wrong.
2 : to make a mistake I followed the instructions to the letter and the computer still doesn't work. Where did I go wrong? "I don't know what to order." "Their clam chowder is good. You can't go wrong with there."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game