Definition of go wrong
1 : to happen or proceed in a way that causes a bad result We have to figure out what went wrong with the experiment. Everything is going wrong for me today. When she didn't come back, we feared that something had gone horribly wrong.
2 : to make a mistake I followed the instructions to the letter and the computer still doesn't work. Where did I go wrong? "I don't know what to order." "Their clam chowder is good. You can't go wrong with there."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game