Definition of go bye-bye
1 : to go to bed —used when speaking to children It's time to go bye-bye, darling: it's way past your bedtime!
2 US : to go away —used in imitation of children's speech When the company went bankrupt, investors watched their money go bye-bye.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?