variants: or gnosiology \ ˌnōsēˈäləjē , -ōzē- \
Definition of gnoseology
: the philosophic theory of knowledge : inquiry into the basis, nature, validity, and limits of knowledge gnoseology became coextensive with the whole of metaphysics— C. A. Hart
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game