give (something) new lifeidiom
Definition of give (something) new life
: to make (something) more active, interesting, etc. Falling interest rates gave the housing market new life. —often + to Falling interest rates gave new life to the housing market.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game