give (someone) the runaroundidiom
Definition of give (someone) the runaround
: to fail to give (someone) information or help that he or she needs by not answering questions or by not dealing with the problem directly Their customer representatives keep giving me the runaround.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game