Definition of gib
(Entry 1 of 3)
: a male cat specifically : a castrated male cat
Definition of gib (Entry 2 of 3)
: a plate of metal or other material machined to hold other parts in place, to afford a bearing surface, or to provide means for overcoming looseness
variants: or Gibr
Definition of Gib (Entry 3 of 3)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game