get on with (something or someone)idiom
Definition of get on with (something or someone)
1 : to continue doing (something) I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'll let you get on with your work. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and just get on with your life. This introduction is taking forever. I wish they'd just get on with it the play.
2 chiefly British : to be or remain friendly with (someone) They've never really got on with each other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game