get around to (something)idiom
Definition of get around to (something)
: to do or deal with (something that one has not yet done or dealt with) Don't you think it's about time you got around to tidying your room? I've been meaning to call her, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Sooner or later we'll have to get around to the subject of taxation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game