gar·de·vin | \ ˈgärdəˌvin\
variants: or gardevine \ -ˌvēn , -ˌvīn \
Definition of gardevin
1 Scottish : a large bottle or decanter for wine a tumbler and the gardevin for the dominie— D. S. Meldrum
2 Scottish : a wine closet
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game