variants: or fund-raise
Definition of fundraise
1 : to engage in the organized activity of raising funds to support a cause, campaign, etc. He donated megabucks to all the trendy charities, and she served on the boards of everything. Perfect combination. He was generous and she was smart and well-organized. She could also fund-raise with the best of them.— Sue Grafton
2 : to obtain (money) through fundraising activities About $9000 has been fundraised to cover the costs of flights with the Joss Group contributing $500 after Mrs. Michael appealed for help from Border businesses.— Anthony Bunn
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game