fu·mar·ia | \ fyüˈma(a)rēə\
Definition of fumaria
1 capitalized : a genus of annual herbs (family Fumariaceae) with only one petal spurred at the base and a one-seeded globose capsule
2 plural fumariae\ -ēˌē\ : an extract or dried leaves of the common fumitory formerly used as a tonic and alterative
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?