Fu·mar·i·a·ce·ae | \ fyüˌma(a)rēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Fumariaceae
: a family of erect or climbing herbs (order Papaverales) of the northern hemisphere and southern Africa with basal or alternate dissected leaves, irregular spurred flowers, and capsular fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game