Definition of fubar
- Likewise, if users get completely fubar while filling in the multitudes of fields in all the different pages of your dialog, they may choose the ejector seat and press the Cancel button.
- —Dave Edson, Microsoft Systems Journal, October 1994
- Robby paced from side to side, impatient to move out and investigate what looked to be a FUBAR situation.
- —David Abrams, Fobbit, 2012
- It's not just illegal immigration; the legal kind is fubar, too …
- —John Derbyshire, National Review, 3 Dec. 2007
- For some, this epitomizes that widely held view that the Army—the military in general—usually manages to foul things up in unique ways. (This view has also been immortalized in such wry expressions as SNAFU and FUBAR.)
- —Patrick P. McCurdy, Chemical Week, 5 Mar. 1986