frot·to·la | \ ˈfrȯtᵊlə, ˈfrät-, It ˈfrȯttōlä \
plural frottole\ -ᵊlˌā , -ōlā \
Definition of frottola
: a secular part-song of Italy of the 15th and 16th centuries that is largely homophonic and has the music repeated with each verse
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game