variants: or freaked-out
Definition of freaked
: feeling or showing extreme distress, astonishment, or discomposure For those too freaked or tired to brave the mall, there are always catalogs.— Stephanie Gutmann With the last half of my sandwich trapped between my knees, I clung to the wheel, too freaked to do anything but hold my bug [=Volkswagen Beetle model of automobile] in its own lane.— Bill Franzen But the show's most enjoyable moments are more intimate, as he pulls off … intensely complicated tricks with coins and cards for suitably freaked-out bystanders.— Tom Gliatto
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game