Definition of frazzled
1 : in a state of extreme physical or nervous fatigue and agitation So relentlessly did my partner and I spring into our work throughout the week that by Saturday night we were frazzled wrecks.— Jack London A frazzled looking housefrau [=hausfrau], clutching a toilet scrub brush in one hand and the fist of a wailing toddler in the other, confronted me with a look of pure exasperation.— Paul Di Filippo She seems relaxed, breathing evenly; there's nothing here to get her frazzled.— Bob Ottum
2 : damaged or weakened by strain or agitation : frayed trying to soothe frazzled nerves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game