Definition of frazzled
1 : in a state of extreme physical or nervous fatigue and agitation So relentlessly did my partner and I spring into our work throughout the week that by Saturday night we were frazzled wrecks.— Jack London A frazzled looking housefrau [=hausfrau], clutching a toilet scrub brush in one hand and the fist of a wailing toddler in the other, confronted me with a look of pure exasperation.— Paul Di Filippo She seems relaxed, breathing evenly; there's nothing here to get her frazzled.— Bob Ottum
2 : damaged or weakened by strain or agitation : frayed trying to soothe frazzled nerves
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game