fo·rin·sec | \ fəˈrin(t)sə̇k \
Definition of forinsec
of obligations under feudal law
: extraordinary in nature or performed away from the holding of a mesne lord for his superior forinsec service included foreign military service, the supplying of labor, and certain payments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game