for the bestidiom
Definition of for the best
: having or producing a better result I won't be able to go, but maybe it's (all) for the best. I have a lot of work to do anyway. : in a way that will achieve the best result They believe that they are acting for the best.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?