for someone's informationidiom
Definition of for someone's information
: in order to provide someone with information —sometimes used informally in speech when responding to an annoying statement or question by someone who has accused or blamed one wrongly "Are these the best tickets you could get?" "For your information, I had to stand in line for two hours to get these!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?