fools rush in (where angels fear to tread)idiom
Definition of fools rush in (where angels fear to tread)
—used to say that it is foolish to take action if one does not know much about what he or she is doing
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?