fool withphrasal verb
fooled with; fooling with; fools with
Definition of fool with
1 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless way Don't fool with that gun.
2 : to deal with or be involved with (something that causes or that could cause trouble) The company doesn't want to fool with small distributors.
3 : to deal with (someone) in a way that may cause anger or violence I wouldn't want to fool with that guy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?