follow through on/withidiom
Definition of follow through on/with
1 : to complete (an activity or process that has been started) He doesn't follow through on his good intentions. We feared they would follow through on/with their threat.
2 sports : to complete a stroke or swing You should follow through on your backhand .
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game