Definition of folding money
: money in the form of bills : paper money especially as contrasted with small change If you need a little more folding money, Six Flags wants you to come see them, this Saturday and next, at the park's annual job fair.— Matthew Martinez … are forced to do business like it's 1899—trying to persuade skiers to pay for their lift passes in cash wherever possible, and in cases where people don't have enough folding money with them, scribbling down names and addresses and then issuing invoices …— Roger Cox … a sports landscape of greed, populated by … sleazeballs all in search of folding money.— Leigh Montville
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game