Definition of fly-up
(Entry 1 of 3)
1 : arranged to open by flying upward a fly-up lid
2 : arranged to be reached by flying the advantages of fly-up waterers in the poultry house
Definition of fly-up (Entry 2 of 3)
: a ceremony at which a brownie scout formally leaves her brownie troop and becomes a member of an intermediate girl scout troop
fly upintransitive verb
Definition of fly up (Entry 3 of 3)
: to become a member of an intermediate girl scout troop on leaving a brownie scout troop
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game